Тitle, name and surname: Andrej Mićović
Role: Associate Professor
Research field: Commercial Law
Office number: 18
Time of consultations: Monday: 10-12h; Tuesday: 14:30-16:30
Date and place of birth
17/10/1985, Cacak, Serbia
Faculty of Law, University of Belgrade (Graduate degree obtained in 2010)
Faculty of Law, University of Kragujevac, 20.08.2015. (successfully defended PhD thesis entitled: “Time-sharing, timeshare-like products and ancillary contracts“
Academic career background:
- University of Kragujevac, Faculty of Hotel Management and Tourism in Vrnjacka Banja, Teaching Assistant, 2011-2016.
- University of Kragujevac, Faculty of Hotel Management and Tourism in Vrnjacka Banja, Assistant Professor, since 2016
- Conducted research at the Faculty of Law, Free University of Berlin in the function of writing of the PhD thesis within the framework of Erasmus Mundus Sigma Mobility Program, under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Christian Armbüster (October 1, 2013 - August 1, 2014).
- Conducted post-doctoral research at the Faculty of Law, Humboldt University of Berlin entitled: “Protection of Travellers in the Light of the New Package Travel Directive”, within the framework of Erasmus Mundus Sigma Agile Mobility Program, under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Susanne Augenhofer (December 1, 2015 – October 1, 2016).
- Conferences organized by the International Forum of Travel and Tourism Advocates (IFTTA) in Prague (23-26.10.2013), Tučepi (27-30.5.2015), Brussels (8-10-11-2017);
- Conference on the New Package Travel Directive 2015/2302 (Estoril/Lisbon, 10-11.10.2016) and Sustainable Tourism Law (Estoril/Lisbon/Evora, 9-10.10.2017) organized by the Estoril Higher Institute for Tourism and Hotel Studies (ESHTE) and National Institute for the Exploitation of the Free Time of Workers (INATEL):
- German Travel Law Association (DGfR) Conference (Kiel/Oslo cruisetour, 23-25.9.2016);
- Yale-Humboldt Consumer Law Lectures (Berlin, 6.6.2016);
- Conferences organized by the Academy of European Law (ERA) on Travel Law (Trier, 5-6.12.2013) and on New EU Rules for Digital Contracts (Brussels, 18.2.2016);
- Tourism in Function of Development of the Republic of Serbia, organized by the University of Kragujevac, Faculty of Hotel Management and Tourism in Vrnjačka Banja, 2017;
- Meeting of the Serbian Business Lawyers, organized by the Bussines Lawyers Association of the Republic of Serbia, Vrnjačka Banja/Zlatibor, 2015-2017;
- Kopaonik School of Natural Law, organized by the Association of Serbian Lawyers, Kopaonik, 2015, 2017;
- May Conference, organized by the Faculty of Law, University of Kragujevac, 2012-2017;
- Current issues of the Contemporary Legislation, Budva, 12-16.6.2011.
Honours and awards:
- Recipient of the Gerald Heifetz award for 2017, established in the memory of one of the founders of the International Forum of Travel and Tourism Advocates, for the prior work in the field of Travel&Tourism Law and for the contribution to the fullfilment of the specific goals of IFTTA;
- Scholarship holder of the Fund for Young Talents of the Republic of Serbia for top students of final year of the first degree studies and students of the second and third degree at universities of EU member states and European Free Trade Association (EFTA) and the world’s leading universities for the academic 2013/14.
- Consumer Law
- Tourism Law
- Commercial Law field
- Mićović, A., Some aspects of the Serbian package travel rules in the context of the current and new Package Travel Directive, in: Vincenzo Franceschelli, Francesco Morandi, Carlos Torres, (ed.) The New Package Travel Directive, 2017, pp. 415-444, [ISBN 978-989-99955-0-5; COBISS.SR-ID 513345712];
- Mićović, A., Tourism Development and Evolution of Tourism Related Rules, Tourism in Function of Development of the Republic of Serbia, Thematic Proceedings II, Vrnjačka Banja, 2017, pp. 181-202. [ISBN 978-86-89949-21-6, ISBN 978-86-89949-23-0; COBISS.SR-ID 235193612];
- Vujisić, D., Mićović, A., Poslovanje i usluge turističko-ugostiteljskih subjekata [Business Activities and Services of Tourism and Hospitality Operators], Kragujevac, Faculty of Law, University of Kragujevac, Institute for legal and social studies, 2016 [ISBN 978-86-7623-064-8;COBISS.SR-ID 220867340];
- Mićović, A., Mehanizmi vasudske zaštite korisnika turističkih usluga [ADR Mechaisms for the Protection of Tourism Service Users], Law and Economy, No. 7-9/2017, pp. 601-622 [ISSN 0354-3501; COBISS.SR-ID: 517390012];
- Mićović, A., Tajm-šering i povezani ugovori [Time-sharing and ancillary contracts], Law and Economy, No. 7-9/2016, pp. 92-111 [ISSN 0354-3501;COBISS.SR-ID: 517171388];
- Mićović, A., Evolution of Time-Sharing: From an Innovative Legal Concept to a Modern Tourism Product, Investment Policies, Industrial Development and Economic Growth, ed. Siniša Miletić, Dušan Cogoljević, Faculty of Business Economics and Entrepreneurship/Bar Code Graphics, Belgrade/Chicago, 2015, pp. 520-534. COBISS.SI.ID 513190576, ISBN 978-86-6069-117-2 (FBEE); ISBN 978-1-4951-7657-9 (BCG).
- Mićović, A., Pravna priroda tajm-šeringa i prava koja se njime stiču [Legal Nature of Time-Sharing and Timeshare Rights], Legal Life, No. 11/2015, pp. 121-133 [ISSN 0350-0500; COBISS.SR-ID: 516975292];
- Mićović, A., Ograničenje principa autonomije volje u funkciji zaštite sticalaca tajm-šeringa [Limitation of the Principle of Volition in the Function of the Protection of Timeshare Purchasers], Law and Economy, No. 7-9/2015, pp. 144-163 [ISSN 0354-3501; COBISS.SR-ID: 516908476]:
- Miladinović, Z., Mićović, A., Assessment of Unfair Terms in Timeshare Contract, Topics, No. 1/2015, pp. 99-119. [ISSN0353-7919; COBISS. SR-ID: 513142448];
- Mićović, A., Terminološko i pojmovno određenje tajm-šeringa i ugovornih strana [Terminology and Notion of Time-Sharing and Contract Parties], Conference Proceedings: Services and Protection of Service Users, Kragujevac, 2015, pp. 487-505 [ISBN 978-86-7623-057-0; COBISS. SR-ID: 513115312];
- Miladinović, Z., Mićović, A., Rasprodaje i zaštita potrošača [Sales and consumer protection], Topics, 1/2013, pp. 275-295 [ISSN0353-7919; COBISS. SR-ID: 512900784].
- Engaged at the research project of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development entitled “XXI Century: Century of the Services and Service Law” (since 2011)
- Within the framework of the Project “Modernization and Harmonization of Tourism Study Programmes in Serbia” No. 544543-TEMPUS-1-2013-1-RS-TEMPUS-JPCR, Textbook Tourism Law was published in 2016 (Vujisić, D., Mićović, A., Tourism Law, Vrnjačka Banja: University of Kragujevac, Faculty for Hotel Management and Tourism, 2016, ISBN 978-86-89949-15-5; COBISS.SR-ID 226464524)
- International Forum of Travel and Tourism Advocates (IFTTA)
- Association of Serbian Lawyers
- Bussines Lawyers Association of the Republic of Serbia